Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

How to Make Reindeer Hats

I had so many people ask for my reindeer hats I decided to make my first ever how to blog!

How to Make Reindeer Hats
Fold 12x18 brown construction paper in half so it is 9x12. Use the template below to cut out the shape. My original was slightly bigger than my scanner so you will have to extend your lines a bit.
Download antler template HERE

It should look like this:















Prepare eyes and nose pieces ahead of time for the students to cut out.

Download  a template for the eyes and nose HERE
 








I had the kids glue them on before we started the folding. The folding is a little tricky so it helps to have additional adults around if possible. I had one adult and then asked my more with-it kids to go around helping the others and we were fine.




Open to full size.


Fold as shown.


 Straight edges should meet on the mid line (original fold line.)



As the students finished gluing their eyes and nose on I came around and stapled.

This makes the part that will sit on their head.
















And there you have it! I hope my instructions and templates will help you enjoy these cute hats next year!

Separator

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness these are adorable!! I have been following you for a little while but just decided to explore all of your activities!! They are all fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I don't know how I missed this post. Glad I decided to search for reindeer. :-)

    First Grade Delight
    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete