Pages

Monday, December 20, 2010

It's a Wonderful Life

I usually blog about school ideas but I am sitting here crying and felt the urge to share something personal. My husband has been out of work for over a year and I have been very stressed about money. I try not to show it, still the cheerful, ever-patient 1st grade teacher on the outside, though on the inside I am feeling a bit like the Grinch.  In the last two days we have received two anonymous Christmas cards in the mail with gift cards included. Now I can go to Toys R Us and get my kids a few extra presents. My mind is reeling, wondering if it is from someone from school, someone who appreciates what a wonderful Cub Scout leader or baseball coach my husband is, a neighbor or friend? I am so touched that people are thinking of us in our time of need. I feel a little bit like Jimmy Stuart at the end of It's A Wonderful Life. So if you are out there Clarence, thanks! I am going to go enjoy my family now. Happy Holidays!!!!

Separator

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy that you've been touched by angels! Congratulations! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful! I'm glad someone helped to make your Christmas just a little brighter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading this a little late, but feeling your joy and relief nonetheless. I hope your holiday was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete