Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Taming the Paper Mountain

Maybe you do this already, but the best thing I ever did to keep the paper mountain under control is to buy 2 Sterilite drawers and stack them. I bought the 12x12 size so I can fit in a little more like books or construction paper. I labeled one drawer for each day and the extra says next week. I also *try* to have copies done a week ahead so I never have to wait in line for the copier or get caught if it is down.
Simple but effective! I'd love to hear your best organizing tips!

Separator

6 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! I keep my weekly files in the file drawer of my desk and at times there is not enough room. Where did you purchase the drawers? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janet,
    I got the drawers at Target.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do the EXACT same thing with the Sterilite drawers! I love the system! I also have several so that each student has a drawer for their "Book Box." Another system I use is having a plastic file box (with handle on top) that I keep my current files in. I can easily retrieve what I need and tote it home if I need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought an organizer from Lakeshore. It was one of the best investments that I have ever made for school! Here is the link!

    http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/seo/ca%7CsearchResults~~p%7CTT927~~.jsp

    http://skellyskindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I organized my whole Scott Foresman first grade Reading Street series in those same drawer systems. It took five but I love it! Each story has a drawer with the cards, black-line masters, folder games, leveled readers, tests, activities, etc. Now I just pull a drawer and everything is there. I was a bit overwhelmed when the delivery boxes kept coming in, so I had to have something to organize!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome idea!!

    http//smilescrayonsandendlessstories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete