Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines and Vomit

Wow, what a busy day! I have to say, my kids were GREAT!  One of the cutest things we made was a valentine mouse.
It would go well with Happy Valentine's Mouse
I made a packet out of Rachelle's awesome candy heart math activities for the kids to work on while others took their turn stuffing bags with their valentines.

Here are a few pics from our party:
Math bingo with Hershey kisses. Thanks Brooke!

Hot Potato with an adorable, heart-covered frog. {I thought of you, Heidi!}

We celebrated Chinese New Year, too!

And since I have a ladybug theme in my room, my cute room moms made this ladybug craft.
The day would have been perfect except I had one girl out sick (her mom said she was SO sad to stay home) and a boy vomit all over himself the hour BEFORE the party. He kept apologizing to me, poor thing. I felt SO bad for him. 

I can't believe it is only Monday. I still have benchmark exams and a field trip this week!

Separator

6 comments:

  1. A day full of fun ideas. Where did you get the Chinese New Years Craft?

    Cheryl
    saouds2ndgraders.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the vomit thing happen 2 Valentine's Days in a row. I kinda thought maybe it was a jinx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It wouldn't be a holiday party at school without a little vomit! Hahaha! I love the mouse craft, by the way. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! Vomit??? Yuck! I'm glad you could use the math ideas!!!! :)
    -Rachelle
    www.whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. did your candy hearts not have any white? Should I add blue onto the graph for next year???? Let me know and I'll do that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachelle,
    That would be awesome, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete