Pages

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Brain Breaks with GoNoodle

Do you use brain breaks in your classroom?
I recently found GoNoodle.com, a FREE way to provide those breaks in a fun and easy way! There are a variety of choices with different levels of activity.

You can make different classes which is helpful since I teach two different grades. I let the kids pick the mascot. He makes weird comments the kids enjoy and the thermometer looking thing on the right keeps track of the minutes of activity we log. We only need one more minute to level up. The kids are so excited to see what happens.
This photo and the one at the top are my first graders doing yoga with Maximo. 


Both the 1st and 2nd graders beg for the Zumba!
The girl in the front flipping her hair was cracking me up because she was totally imitating the girl in the video!

I'd love to hear what you do for brain breaks.





Separator

14 comments:

  1. I have heard about this from other teachers but really just got interested in it after reading your post and checking out the website! I've signed up now and can't wait to use it this week. My kids are feeling the spring fever! My kids love adventure to fitness but since it is 30 minutes long I only use it as a indoor recess. Thanks for sharing! I love how the activities are only a few minutes long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was looking for something that would only take a few minutes so this was PERFECT!

      Delete
  2. We use Brain Gym, but I am going to check out GoNoodle. Thank you for sharing!
    Kimberly
    Funky First Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. My students love GoNoodle! They are always asking if we GoNoodle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenn,
    This sounds wonderful! I just signed up, but then I saw that it was only free for a 30 day trial. After that you pay per year. Did you end up paying the yearly fee or is that new?
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hi Camille,
      My name is Taylor and I'm part of the GoNoodle Team! We're so excited you found GoNoodle and signed up. It is actually free for everyone...no 30 day trials or annual fees! I'm emailing you now so I can clear up any confusion and make sure your account is set up correctly :)

      Delete
    3. Thanks for responding Taylor! Are you all set now Camille?

      Delete
  5. I just wanted to say that you always have wonderful ideas on your blog and I enjoy reading your posts and seeing the things you are doing in the classroom. This is a great idea and I have never heard of the website before! I am going to try it out and we will see. It seems like my students will love it though. I teach Kindergarten so I am sure they will like some of the songs on the website!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your sweet comments! I started this blog to share teaching ideas so it is great to hear you find it useful.

      Delete